Sunday, February 25, 2007

Withdrawal


February 25, 2007

Sunday

Today is the calm before the storm.. a day to relax before we get to work tomorrow morning. I've found that it is not difficult to adjust to island life. For a stressed-out, work-a-holic like myself, it took a couple days to slow down (and still I find myself busy with emailing and blogging) but today I find the warm tradewinds blowing and the sound of the gentle waves rolling to shore quite welcome. I am having a problem adjusting, however, to one aspect of Island Life. For those of you who know me personally, you know that I am quite a Diet Coke addict, junkie, abuser.. Whatever you want to call it, it is what it is. At home, I drink it from morning till bedtime- finish one can, open the next. Well, it turns out that 'The Boat' did not bring any Diet Coke to American Samoa last week! And now, all the little mini-marts are running dry. Today we took a walk to a different part of town and came across some Diet Coke in a gas station mini-mart. We bought as much as our $9 would buy.. Still, I must try to ration my supply. Meanwhile I will pray that 'The Boat' will restock Pago Pago next week..

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Don't worry
Dr. Suz, Diet Coke w/drawal is not that bad. It's been 16 hours for me and I feel splendid. Yak! Time for the suburban 7/11 for a nice 44 ouncer with you in mind! Michelle